0910

Wednesday, May 31, 2017

Card Request

A Facebook friend of mine asked her crafty friends to make a card for a friend who has MS and has been suffering. I gladly took the challenge! The recipient is a man so that created a challenge in itself. I don't personally know the gentleman, so I don't know any of his interests,  so I went with a ferris wheel! Who doesn't like Ferris wheels? (oh...me....I don't!)
So anyway, I used some patterned paper from one of the mat stacks I own (a Christmas one believe it or not).  I stamped the light blue piece with Stampin Up's "Sanded" in crumb cake,  then the Ferris wheel from "Feeling Sentimental" in Midbight Muse. The sentiment is from "For You" (Stampin' Up) and is also stamped with Midnight Muse.  I recently bought a mini ink blending tool, and I thought I would use it on this card to give it a more distressed look. I didn't want to add a lot of bulk to the card because I am sending it to Canada, so I added some piercing in the corners (I originally thought brads would be nice)
Hopefully the card will bring the recipient a smile and I hope he is feeling less pain.

No comments:

Post a Comment