0910

Sunday, May 28, 2017

Another Card Sketch

I have been in my craftroom for hours today. Here it is after midnight, and I only managed to complete 1 card! I can't focus today, maybe it's my headache, or the fact that I have Strep Throat. I'm not sure. 
Anyway I bought this stamp set from the Heirloom Rubber Stamp show in Allentown this past April. It's by Right At Home stamps and it comes with some really nice sentiments. I was trying to do something else, but it didn't work out the way I wanted. I am going to try again when I feel better. 
Okay so back to the card, I stamped the sentiment in versamark then used black embossing powder to heat emboss it. This was layered on a dark teal mat then on a black card. Then I used Copics to color in the image.  I used Jennifer Dove's (from "Just4funCrafts.blogspot) color combo called "Pacific Blue" featuring BG02, BG05 and BG09. The background was stamped with Fun Stampers Journey  (FSJ) "Scrupt" heat embossed with clear with sparkles enbossing powder. I crumbled up the lighter teal piece and added it on. The bakers twine and flowers as well as the center of the flower (which members of the old Cricut message Board nicknamed "Skittles") were all items I had on hand. The Skittle in the center of the flower is held on using Crystal Effects. 
The sketch is from Alwaysplayingwithpaper's Challenge #5 from April 2014.

No comments:

Post a Comment