0910

Sunday, May 14, 2017

One image, 6 ways

I wanted to challenge myself to use an image, stamp it out, color it and use them to make different cards. I started out with six of this image a flower from Funstampers Journey's "Sweet You". I colored the flowers with copic markers R05, R24, R46. The leaves were colored with YG17, YG13, YG21. I then also stamped out and colored the larger flower and added it to most of the cards using pop dots. 
 
 This is the first card I made. Once I made this one I kind of got stuck in a red/black/white color scheme, but since the challenge was to come up with different layouts I just went with it. I had this piece of red that I had stamped a speckled background on it, but then I didn't use it, and it went back into my stash, so I used that for this card. I cut it down to make the different layers in this card. I cut the image with an oval die and layered that in a scalloped oval. I used a card sketch from cardztv.blogspot to make this one:
 I stamped the red layer with Stampin Up's "en Francois" then layered it on black and then on a white card. I embossed the triangles in the corners with the "Swiss Dots" embossing folder. I also found this card sketch on Cardztv.blogspot:
 I went with a different color scheme with this one. I heat embossed the green banner with Funstampers Journey's "Script". The sentiment came from an old Stampin' Up Paper Pumpkin. This sketch was found on Freshlymadesketches #197
 I started out with a red card then added a black layer.  I embossed the white layer with a "Musical Flourishes" embossing folder and then layered the images. I used my Bow Easy to make the little double bow. I also added some dimension to the little berries using Nuvo Crystal Drops.
 By the time I got to this card it was after 1 AM and I had to be up by 8 AM, so I went with a simple design. Not alot of frills, just simple and to the point. Rhe image was cut wuth a stitched rectangle die, layered in a red rectangle.
The 6th image got messed up when I tried to cut it with a die. So I threw that one away.  Tomorrow I will stamp and color another image so I can complete the challenge!

No comments:

Post a Comment