0910

Thursday, June 29, 2017

Fairy Birthday

Some of my favorite people were born in June! So I needed to make some birthday cards for them! I was fortunate to cross paths with Terri through the former Cricut Message Board. We talked often and have become good friends! Now thanks to the Marco Polo app we see and talk to each other daily! Terri is also a crafter so I wanted to do something special for her card. I recently bought different fairy dies, and I knew I wanted to use one for her card. So I hopped over to YouTube to find a video for the Galaxy tutorial. I found one using Stampin Up colors, but I didn't have the colors she said to use (gasp) so I compromised a little bit. Honestly though, I don't recall the colors I used. While the video gave the jist of what to do she didn't really record where you could see the card as she made it, so I kind if guessed how much color to use and how much white to keep showing. Once I was satisfied with the ink I spritzed the card with water and blotted off the water. Then I used Tsukineko's All Purpose Ink on a painbrush and added some speckles to represent stars. Then I made a mask to make the hills and used black ink to sponge in the hills. I added some trees from SU's "Sheltering Tree" using some second generation stamping. I pulled out an old, previously uninked grass stamp to add some grass on the hills. For the moon, I punched out a circle then I distressed it a little bit on the center as well as one edge. The fairy is a die which I bought from a group on Facebook (they come unpackaged, no branding).  Unfortunately I accidently posted the card to a group that she is a member of, so she saw it there before she got it in the mail. 😔 She said she loves it though!

No comments:

Post a Comment