0910

Sunday, June 11, 2017

Card Request

In a group I am on in Facebook, a request was sent out for a gentleman who was in a very serious trucking accident. He has a long road to recovery with paralysis. The request was for Get Well cards, but I didn't feel that was quite right, so I went with Thinking of You instead. I thought the phoenix was fitting. Maybe this gentleman can rise from the fire he is currently in and live his life the way it is meant to be.

The phoenix is from Local King Rubber Stamp's "Chinese Legends". I used some watercolor paints that I picked up from Michael's along with my waterbrush. I colored three shades of paint onto watercolor paper then used my heat tool to make sure it was completely dry. Then I heat embossed the phoenix and phoenix sign with versamark and black embossing powder. The red piece is a piece of red "handmade" paper that I have had forever. I wet it with my waterbrush pen then tore it into a rectangle. I layered that onto a black mat and then added the three brads. Then I added it to a black card. I used pop dots (dimensionals) to pop the symbol off the card. Once the card front was finished I added an ivory mat to the inside with the sentiment.

No comments:

Post a Comment