0910

Thursday, July 13, 2017

Bloom Box with a Twist - Love Grows

 I started getting Fun Stampers Journey's Bloom Box, which is a monthly kit, a few months ago. Honestly I have issues followi g directions. (I know, I know it isn't only true in cardmaking!) 
Anywho..... One of the kits came with the "Love Grows" stamp set. In the kits they include some of the supplies needed to make 4 cards (no inks). This is one of the cards that came with this particular card. You were supposed to make a Gatefold card and use the Pumpkin Bread strip of cardstock to make a belly band:
 Well...I really wasn't feeling this card. I sat staring at it for a few days. I finally ended up trimming the card down and adding it to a piece of kraft cardstock. I cut down the pumpkin bread card stock and made it into a banner and then added a second kraft banner. For the square vocal point I switched the pot they used and slid it over on the Butter Cream cardstock then using a mask I added a second flower pot. I also changed the cactus they used and stamped it using my Cajun Craze inkpad (Stampin Up). I used Copics markers to color the pots and dirt. Then I double stamped the sentiment. I ended up not using the twine or button on my card. I didn't have any gold silk that was used on the original so I grabbed a piece of wax paper dabbed a little bit of orange Smooch Pearlized Accent Ink, then added some Frost White All-Purpose ink and mixed them together. I used a paintbrush to tap it onto the card. It didn't work as well as FSJ's Silks, but it turned out okay.

No comments:

Post a Comment